Sunday 28 January 2007

Let the game begin!

The Rita's Quest project has started. I still do not know in which programming language I am going to implement my ideas and plans. I thought to write server and client in two different languages - server in D, client in C#. It does not matter so much, C++ or JAVA would be OK for both server and client as well. For now, what matters is to do a good analysis, plan and design (UML). Implementation can wait - when I finish my design I can easily generate stubs of important modules (classes) and start working on the actual implementation. The whole Rita's Quest story is coming soon, together with the first level, game goals, and ideas for improvements.
It is important to note that I have chosen Agile Development method for this project, mostly because it fits my ideas of how software should be developed. I will most likely use Extreme Programming agile method for this project.

No comments: